"Is Horrorcore Dead?" - A Civil Discussion

The latest news from the up-and-comers in the horrorcore genre.
ThaMorbidOne

"Is Horrorcore Dead?" - A Civil Discussion

Post by ThaMorbidOne »

I want to know everyone's opinion on this saying so Phrank, keep that trigger finger ready babay (in Dusty Rhodes Voice)

IS HORRORCORE DEAD!?!

Personally, since 2015 I have believed that there are some great artists out there but there is a lot of dead weight and trash too that makes the genre illegitimate.

For every Komatose, Razakel, or Scum...
You got 25 guys that paint their face and have some sort of weird carny gimmick...
25 that are trying to copy $uicideboys and Ghostemane...

and all of them are using horrible production, mixing and mastering, and equipment while doing it.

Another problem too is the horrorcore genre has become a toxic cesspool where you can't give any advice or an opinion, otherwise "UR JUST A HATURRRR"

I mean, I can go on a whole rant on this, but is horrorcore dead? Nah, close to flatline? Maybe.
fatphrank
Site Admin

Re: "Is Horrorcore Dead?" - A Civil Discussion

Post by fatphrank »

I don't think this needs to get as chaotic as you're predicting. I think there are def a lot of whack ass horror rappers running around -- hell, you just need to stop by the horrorcore reddit for a second to see that -- but is that really any different to how it's always been?

If having tons of trash artists in a genre means it's dead... was this shit ever alive to begin with?
HorrorcoreWiki
ThaMorbidOne

Post by ThaMorbidOne »

fatphrank wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:22 pm I don't think this needs to get as chaotic as you're predicting. I think there are def a lot of whack ass horror rappers running around -- hell, you just need to stop by the horrorcore reddit for a second to see that -- but is that really any different to how it's always been?

If having tons of trash artists in a genre means it's dead... was this shit ever alive to begin with?
I mean, you got a point there. There is a lot of things I can say but there will always be horrorcore and horrorcore rappers. Quality ones though? Super few and far between.
fatphrank
Site Admin

Post by fatphrank »

ThaMorbidOne wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:24 pm
fatphrank wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:22 pm I don't think this needs to get as chaotic as you're predicting. I think there are def a lot of whack ass horror rappers running around -- hell, you just need to stop by the horrorcore reddit for a second to see that -- but is that really any different to how it's always been?

I mean, you got a point there. There is a lot of things I can say but there will always be horrorcore and horrorcore rappers. Quality ones though? Super few and far between.
The same can be said for literally every genre and subgenre of music. You know how many dog shit metal bands exist bro?!
HorrorcoreWiki
ThaMorbidOne

Post by ThaMorbidOne »

fatphrank wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:26 pm The same can be said for literally every genre and subgenre of music. You know how many dog shit metal bands exist bro?!
Yes. Yes, I do. lol
HorrorCorridor

Post by HorrorCorridor »

Horrorcore is alive but you have to look elsewhere than PsYchopathic/MNE , Esham and Brotha Lynch, lots of artists have matured. Don’t rap about horror, don’t like horror. People like Bloodshot, Komotose, Troubled Mindz and Definition of Insanity keep the oldschool wicked shit alive. People like Darby OTrill keep it fresh and appealing to newer audiences but keep it rooted in wickedshit traditions… Rozz Dyliams was also another up coming artist that was taking old style and making it fresh, it’s a shame what happened there.

The scene is cool, the people that talk to, and support me and my shows, I respect a ton. But there’s a ton of shady drama queens around this music scene that I can see from a distance. I’d like to keep it that way.

I feel like Horrorcrunk, HorrorCorridor, Horrorcorwiki have been a great trifecta lately and I really hope to see more supporters of LSP, LLE, SHE etc., join the conversation!
Your homie swoop

Post by Your homie swoop »

The wicked shit will never die. Or so they say.
fatphrank
Site Admin

Post by fatphrank »

Your homie swoop wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:22 am The wicked shit will never die. Or so they say.
You're helping keep it alive bro, especially with that last album!
HorrorcoreWiki
ThaMorbidOne

Post by ThaMorbidOne »

HorrorCorridor wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:30 pm Horrorcore is alive but you have to look elsewhere than PsYchopathic/MNE , Esham and Brotha Lynch, lots of artists have matured. Don’t rap about horror, don’t like horror. People like Bloodshot, Komotose, Troubled Mindz and Definition of Insanity keep the oldschool wicked shit alive. People like Darby OTrill keep it fresh and appealing to newer audiences but keep it rooted in wickedshit traditions… Rozz Dyliams was also another up coming artist that was taking old style and making it fresh, it’s a shame what happened there.

The scene is cool, the people that talk to, and support me and my shows, I respect a ton. But there’s a ton of shady drama queens around this music scene that I can see from a distance. I’d like to keep it that way.

I feel like Horrorcrunk, HorrorCorridor, Horrorcorwiki have been a great trifecta lately and I really hope to see more supporters of LSP, LLE, SHE etc., join the conversation!
This is the kind of responses we need in here for sure.

You hit a lot of stuff right on the head to be honest.
Crossworm

Post by Crossworm »

^ all of this.
D I R T C O R E M U S I C